If you are like a lot of moms, you would love to find a way to make money while spending time with your family. One option that I found is Wealthy Affiliate. Here’s some information about what they have to offer and how you can make money with them.
What do they do?
Wealthy Affiliate will help you monetize a website that you currently have or create a new one from scratch. They have an extensive training program that walks you through the process step by step. Their training program consists of 5 courses, each with 10 lessons. Each lesson consists of step-by-step instructions that make following along super easy. They provide all of the resources and support needed to get started right away and by the time you are done with the first lesson you will have your website up and running.
What does it cost to start up?
Wealthy Affiliate has two membership options: starter and premium.
- Starter Membership is free to join and gives you access to the first course of their primary training program and also the first phase of their affiliate program training. You will have access to all of the resources necessary to start making money right away but your access will be limited. This is a great place to start to see if it is a good fit for you.
- Premium Membership is $49 per month or $359 per year and gives you unlimited access to all of their training and resources. This includes the ability to host more websites and receive higher payouts with their affiliate program; both of which mean MORE MONEY! If you are just starting out you may want to hold off on signing up for the premium membership, but once you are up and running (or if you already have some experience) you will probably want to take advantage of the additional resources that the premium membership has to offer.
Here is a list of exactly what’s included in each option.
How to make money with them?
Wealthy Affiliate offers multiple moneymaking options. The easiest option is to start off using their affiliate program. They will walk you through how to do this in their Affiliate Bootcamp. The pay structure that they offer is great, even if you are still a starter member on their site (if you are a premium member your commissions double). All you have to do is set up a website and drive traffic to it. They walk you through exactly how to do this so you don’t need any experience to get started.
The other option that you have with Wealthy Affiliate is to follow their training course and learn how to monetize a website of any kind. They will teach you how to show up on Google for free using keywords and SEO. They also teach you how to use affiliate programs (like Amazon Affiliate) and ads (like Google Adsense) effectively on your site.
Since you are able to create multiple sites even with their free starter membership, you don’t have to choose just one option. My recommendation on this is to try a few different things and see what works best for you. You may even want to combine the two options into one site and take advantage of everything in one place.
Who is your support system?
With Wealthy Affiliate, you are not on your own through the journey. The guys who developed the site are a great resource and are available to answer any questions you have along the way, but you also have access to the rest of the members on the site. You can message people directly, comment on an article, or use their live chat to get questions answered and develop a network of support on your new adventure.
Why I love it
- I love that they allow you to join for free and really get a feel for everything before deciding whether or not to commit to the monthly membership. It’s not a free trial that expires and they give you access to enough of their site to really get up and running.
- I also love how easy they make everything. They break it down enough that you don’t need to have any previous experience or knowledge to be able to succeed.
- I love that it feels like the owners of the site truly care about each person’s success. They make time to respond directly to questions and are always willing to make suggestions if you get stuck on ideas.
- Your success is only limited by the amount of time and effort you are willing to put in.
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Price: Starter Membership – free; Premium Membership – $49/month or $359/year
Earning Potencial: $10,000+ per month (depending on time commitment)
Recommendation: Sign up with the free starter membership to get started
If you have any experience with Wealthy Affiliate or if you have another work from home opportunity that is great for stay at home moms to make some extra money, please comment below.